Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 in Utah, 4 at home

Zoe and Emily are loving life in Utah. Matt was up at 3:30am yesterday and Zoe and Emily were up at 4:00am. I got up to say goodbye before they left. Emily teared up as we hugged, but she was excited for her Utah adventure. I went back to bed after they left and had a dream about Zoe and Emily. In my dream, they had left for Utah, but then I was at a birthday party in Maine with them. They were being rude and obnoxious at the party, which was at a place I wasn't familiar with. Emily was trying to steal a pair of mittens and something else as we were leaving. Zoe and Emily insisted that they were going to Utah, but I was trying to explain to them that they were supposed to be on their way already and they should be getting on their connecting flight, so they were not going to Utah. When I woke up, I was glad that Zoe and Emily were on their way and I hoped that they will be on their best behavior there! Matt and I were talking about their behavior Sunday night, so I think that triggered the rude and obnoxious behavior in the dream. It's weird how my dreams have been so vivid and clear in my mind when I wake up lately.

I took the kids to the pool yesterday afternoon as we enjoyed the sunshine and upper 70's lower 80's weather. :-) Noah played in the water for the first time. He had so much fun! He was so funny bobbing his face in the water and walking around on his hands and feet.

We had FHE in the evening. We had rootbeer floats and Eleanor said, "This treat is awesome!" She was eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream when she commented on the treat. She didn't really like the rootbeer float.

I took the kids to the pool again today. It was a cloudy day, but in the 70's. It rained lightly at times, but we didn't care. When the kids were done swimming, we walked over to the kindergarten playground to play before going home. The kids have been collecting rocks lately, so they picked up some rocks from the playground to take home. Just what we need.

3 comments:

Kris said...

We are loving the girls being here!! We swam today too (upper 90's... Savannah said it was too cold in the shade and Zoe said "it's like Maine in the shade!")

Ave said...

I hope they have a great time! Utah is a great place for kids to visit. I can't wait until mine are old enough to put on a plane by themselves and go visit Gran and Gramp in SLC>

Kristy said...

I met your cute girls tonight at the parade. I told them who and I was and they said they knew who I was. I took some pictures of them at the parade....I will post them soon! Zoe told me to tell you they would be on my blog....how cute!!! Your girls are darling and they look just like their Mom!!!