Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Home Again :-)

Friday, July 24th: My parents and I went to see "Grease" at the movie theater. It started at 9pm, so I left after the kids were in bed. Fun! It was supposed to be outside, but it rained (surprise, surprise), so they had the movie inside instead...for FREE!

Saturday, July 25th: Eleanor spent the day with my parents, Aly, and Phil and then she spent the night. The Bucksport Bay Festival was going on, so they went to the parade in the morning and the fireworks in the evening.
Matt took Zach and Kate to the parade and then they hung out on Don's boat.
I took Noah shopping. We went to Walmart first and Noah was asleep when we arrived, so I worked on my Sunday School lesson until he woke up. We went into Walmart and first stopped by the Portrait studio to see if I could get Noah in for an appointment. The lady said she could get him right in, so I went back out to the Yukon to change him and went back in to have his 1 year old picture taken. It came out so cute! He kept standing up on the table, so the lady removed the table and had him stand on the floor. She managed to get a super cute shot even though he kept trying to run away. I did some shopping and finished up just as Noah was getting cranky. I fed him a snack in the car before moving on to Goodwill. Noah didn't last too long in the cart before he wanted to get out. I held him and looked for clothes. He tried to get down, but I held on. I managed to pick out a cart full of clothes, but I knew that Noah would be screaming while I tried them on, so I went out to the Yukon to grab the bag of applejacks I had for Noah and they kept him happy while I tried on clothes. I was happy with several of the church outfits that I had picked out, so I bought them and headed home. Noah and I were both ready to go home. I had to stop by McDonalds first though for a chocolate milkshake. It was quite a delightful ride home...quiet and yummy! Noah was asleep again when we got home, so I worked on my lesson some more. It was nice not having any siblings in the car to wake him up or to complain that they were bored.

Sunday, July 26th: It was a great church day, very uplifting. My lesson went really well. We came over to my parents' house after church for dinner. We are more aware of where Noah roams now since last Sunday he found a broken lightbulb and had a piece of glass in his mouth. I thought he had gotten into someone's juice because his outfit had red patches on the front of it, but we realized it was blood when Matt found glass in his mouth. We didn't think he had eaten any and he wasn't acting hurt or upset, so we decided he was okay, but we would keep an eye on him. He hasn't acted like anything is bothering him since and he seems to be okay. Scary!

Monday, July 27th: I had plans to sign Zach, Eleanor, and Emily up for the next session of swim lessons and then go to Walmart, but Matt came home with a broken exhaust pipe, so he took the Yukon to Portland. Bummer. Eleanor was excited to go shopping since we were going to look for some school supplies, but she took the news well that we weren't going afterall. It was a totally different reaction than what I would have heard from Zoe. Eleanor never mentioned shopping again and she was content to play at home. I had a good day and I was content to be home, too. I found something productive to do while listening to Glenn Beck...mending! Usually what is in the mending pile ends up at Goodwill, but the few things in my mending pile (Zach's blazer, Eleanor's favorite dress, Zoe's Utah shirt, and Zoe's fall coat), I was not ready to part with yet.
We had a nice FHE. Eleanor used the flannel board and we used the food pictures to decide what was good for our bodies and what is not. Zach picked out the Adam and Eve picture from the Gospel Art Kit to use for the scripture. Matt was on the game, so we sang B-i-n-g-o, which was fun. Then we had ice cream for dessert.

Tuesday, July 28th: Matt took the Yukon to work again, so the kids and I were home. It was a beautiful, sunny, perfect pool day, but we enjoyed the sprinkler instead. Eleanor and Zach enjoyed it anyway. Kate and Noah will not go near it. I grumbled to myself while I pushed Kate and Noah on the swing because it is a lot easier to sit by the pool while all the kids are content swimming, but I snapped out of it quickly. We ate lunch outside and then the kids wanted to go back inside. Sounded good to me! I did laundry throughout the day. I was exhausted at the end of the day and I happily sat and read my book when the kids were in bed.

Today: Matt came home in the early afternoon, so I could go pick Zoe and Emily up at the airport. My mom showed up at the airport, so we waited together. It was so nice to see Zoe and Emily! The kids were excited to see them when we got home. It's fun to hear about their trip. They had such a fun time. Thanks Janet & Steve, and all of our Utah family for taking such great care of them!
My mom watched the kids while Matt and I went to pick up the Saab. I have the Yukon back. :-) After dinner and getting the younger kids in bed, I left with Zoe and Emily to come over to my parents' house. Zoe and Emily were excited to see Aly again. This has been a fun summer for them with so many cousins!

2 comments:

Kris said...

We miss Zoe and Emily already!! we had so much fun. It sounds like you had a good weekend... a little quieter than usual... I'm glad you got your car back!

Janae said...

I'm so glad they made it home safe and sound:)
The cousins all had a blast together and it was so fun to watch them all have fun.
I am sure you missed them tons, but the cousins were sure glad to have had them for a bit:)