Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Update and Random Pictures

We tried going swimming today at the pool, but it was TOO COLD! Today is supposed to be the nicest day of the week, reaching the mid-70's, but it has only reached the upper 60's. All of my kids were shivering during the pool break after a few sessions in the water, so I suggested we leave and come over to my parents' house. Eleanor had asked if we could come over to my parents' house a little earlier and I said "We'll see". She replied, "We'll see always means yes." Me: "It does?" Eleanor: "Well, most of the time." It meant yes today. The last two days have been nice out, but we have had appointments in the afternoon, so we haven't made it to the pool. We were counting on today being a fun pool day. Oh well.

Noah had his one year check-up on Monday. He is healthy and growing. He is 30 1/4" long and he weighs 21.35lbs. He was cooperative for the nurse and doctor and he even did well when he got 4 shots. He only cried a tiny bit. I would have cried a lot more than he did!

Emily finished her skirt on Monday! It has been several months since Emily and Zoe started the skirts for Activity Days, so Sunshine made it over to our house on Monday and worked with Zoe and Emily. We're hoping to get Zoe's skirt done tomorrow night. Here is Emily with her finished skirt. Very nice!


Zoe and Eleanor had dentist appointments yesterday afternoon. Matt came home to watch the kids, so I was able to read a bit while I waited for Zoe and Eleanor. :-) Eleanor finally has her first loose tooth! No cavities were found (Zoe thought for sure that Eleanor would have a cavity with the way she brushes), so Eleanor was very relieved about that. Eleanor was also very happy that she didn't have to brush her teeth last night after the flouride treatment she received. What fun to get ready for bed and not have to brush your teeth!

Emily won't be around next week for the last week of swim lessons, so she made up one lesson yesterday and the other lesson on Monday. She'll have her regular lesson tomorrow and then she'll test on Friday. Zoe and Emily are off to Utah on Monday!

On Saturday, Matt took Zoe over to Hailey's house to help out with their yardsale. Emily went with Matt, so they went for a ride on Don's boat after dropping off Zoe and before coming home. In the afternoon, Matt took all of the kids to the pool and I stayed home to read and take a nap. It was so nice! I realized that Matt and Noah matched before they left, so I had to get a picture.


Matt made a grill Saturday evening and cooked some yummy Terriyaki chicken.



Noah has learned to say "Hi". He also says "Mama". I love to hear that one. :-)

Now for some random photos:
Playing Hangman...

Noah being his cute self...

Noah likes to get in the lego box, even if it's filled with legos...


Noah was asleep on my chair yesterday when I got home from the dentist. How cute is this?...


Cousins...

The kids love to help cook...

Zach had a minor accident at the pool last week. He started to run across the blanket that I was picking up and he tripped. His nose and forehead got scraped up and are still healing.

Eleanor's dinosaur artwork...

Zoe's mammoth...

Aly, Phil, and Noah...

Zoe, Emily, Aly, and Eleanor...

Zoe, Aly, and Emily...

My parents...

Me and Matt...

Zoe and My Mom...

5 comments:

HeatherT said...

Fun pictures Joey. And your hair is beautiful! It is so long and looks great.

Anonymous said...

That's funny... "We'll see" always meant no in our house.

Great pictures! Your kids are wicked cute!

Kris said...

Your kids are so photogenic, they are always smiling so beautifully. Great job on your skirt Emily! I wish I could have had some of Matt's chicken, it looks awesome.

Katie said...

it was 110 today! We barely left the house:) Im jealous that you live so near your mom. I would love to be able to see mine as often as you do. Very lucky!

Janae said...

Great pictures Joey!
"we'll see" always meant NO in my house growing up.
I hope you get some good pool weather this week:)