Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A penny here, a penny there

I spent a lot of time today putting our coins in rolls. So far we have $56.50. I recently read a tip in a financial guidebook to only spend dollar bills and to save the change. At the end of each month, you add up your change, put it in the bank, and put that money toward a debt. We have a lot of change kicking around, so I decided to add it up and put it to good use. It looks like I'm going to be able to pay off a doctor bill for Zach with our change :-)

It's pretty quiet around here with half of our family gone. It's a nice break for me taking care of 2 instead of 4, but I'll be glad when we're all together again.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That's a great plan! I have a lot of change sitting around, too. I could stand to pay off a doctor bill or two.

Lana said...

that a good plan. We put our change in E's (our only boy) mission jar, when we remember. Do you think in 19 years, well 15 now, it will be enough?

momofalltrades said...

We bought my engagement ring with change! I'll always remember sitting on the floor with my soon to be fiance and the kids, sorting out all that change!