Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Going outside to play

Zoe is on school vacation this week. My girls went outside to play yesterday at 12:30 and they didn't come back inside until after 5pm! I was surprised they stayed out so long since it was an overcast day, windy, and cool. If this is an indication of what they're going to do all summer then I'm ready! It's fun to be at the stage where the children can go outside to play together and I can stay inside with Zach to play with him and get things done around the house. The girls get along well together when they are outside, which is so nice. It's cute to see Eleanor out there doing everything her older sisters are doing. Zoe and Emily are good about pushing her on the swing and letting her play with them.
The fun began when they came inside and I had 3 baths to give, 3 hungry children to feed, and 2 children to nag about doing their chores in a few hours before bed by myself since Matt was still at work. But I just kept reminding myself about the peaceful, productive afternoon I had and I got through it.

Here is Zach taking advantage of my "it's late and I'm not thinking" foolishness by putting the stool in front of our food storage container. None of our children have been climbers...until Zach came along!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I loved it when me kids got to that age. It makes life a little bit easier. So does Zach climb up on things and then jump off? That's what Noah liked to do, in fact, he still likes to do that! Have great day.

Rachelle said...

Ah, it sounds like a good day for the older kids. We're a long ways away from that age, but it sounds nice! And I love your pics!

Kristen said...

My older daughter is 3.5 and she loves to go out and play with the neighbor kids. I've just gotten to the point where I feel comfortable letting her go out there and play without being there with her. But..now my youngest (almost 2) has to go out with them, too. I don't feel comfortable letting her play out there without supervision, so I'm out there again supervising for hours at a time. I have a sunburn on my shoulders and face now from the past few days of spending so much time outside. It's nice for them, but I don't get a whole lot done. :-)

Your kids are so cute!!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

That is a fun age! And fun day!!! I love your pics!!! I answered your tag...