Monday, September 05, 2011

Last Day of Summer Vacation

Zoe & Emily started the day at my parents' house since they stayed over there last night. I heard they spent some time last night on the deck with my Mom, telling stories, laughing, and enjoying the beautiful evening. I missed out!

As of yesterday, I am on my school morning schedule, so I was up at 5am. By 7am, I was vacuuming and doing some much needed cleaning! I am so much more productive when I get up early. Matt left for work early and worked all day.

The kids & I went to Ellsworth with my Mom to buy shoes for Zoe (she ended up buying a pair that she saw Wednesday night) and to buy hooks to hang up the school backpacks. The hooks I used last year weren't very sturdy and I didn't hang them on the sturdy part of the wall, so they kept falling down.

We spent some time at my parents' house this afternoon. My parents & I played a game of Phase 10, which was fun and relaxing after a morning of cleaning and shopping.

The kids & I met Matt at home for dinner and FHE. The kids were excited to get their outfits ready for tomorrow and to get their backpacks out this evening. I read Zach's book that his teacher gave to him. The book was called "Sweet Dreams" and it supplied some magic confetti for Zach to put under his pillow to help him sleep tonight. So many emotions are going on before the first day of school!

Matt gave each of the kids a Father's blessing this evening. Eleanor especially wanted one to help her during the first day of school tomorrow since she threw up on the first day last year.

Tomorrow is a big day with school starting and Matt's parents are arriving in the evening. We are so excited!

1 comment:

Kris said...

That is a lot of excitement in one day! I'm glad you had a good last day of summer vacation and I hope everyone has a great (throw up free ;) ) day tomorrow!!!