Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to the School Routine

I am back to being productive and it feels great! I have been struggling lately with the responsibility of cleaning/organizing our home and taking care of/spending time with the kids. When I am cleaning/organizing, I feel like I should be spending more time with the kids and when I am spending time with the kids, I look around and see all the cleaning/organizing that needs to get done and I feel guilty for not doing it. Today, I decided to go by a schedule that would allow me to do both without feeling any guilt. I knew I had made time for both and it was great! Oh, how I wish I could wave a magic wand and have everything in my home be clean and neat. *Sigh* Instead, I have to work on it a little bit at a time and that drives me nuts! I want it all done at once. When I start cleaning/organizing, it is very hard to stop, so I don't. Then I feel bad for neglecting the kids...and the house still looks messy and grimy, which is discouraging. Anyway, scheduling time today to play and work was a huge help and I plan on keeping up with a schedule. Every day will be different, but every day will have a plan. Matt is so great about making a schedule with the kids when he is in charge of them, so I decided to try it. I'm hooked.

Kate and I played with playdoh this morning. We made this frog (with the remaining gross colored playdoh that we have...note to self ~ Buy new playdoh!). Kate wanted me to take a picture of it and post it on my blog. Tah dah...
You can't see the frog very well, but you can see Kate's beautiful face. :-)
We also made this flower.

No comments: