Monday, October 11, 2010

Meeting with teachers to Waking up early

Matt and I met with Emily's teacher, Mrs. Wardell and then Zoe's teacher, Mrs. Williams on Thursday. Both of the girls are doing great in school, as usual. :-)

We cooked some of Kate's corn on Thursday night. Kate planted the corn and loved watching it grow! The corn was small, but it was delicious!

Zoe had a fun soccer practice Friday night. The boys and girls scrimmaged against each other and then they had a barbecue. Zoe had a lot of fun!

Matt and I enjoyed a night out Friday night. We ate dinner at Bugaboo Creek, which was delicious!


Eleanor had her last soccer practice on Saturday morning. It was FREEZING! I'm glad I didn't bring any kids with me because it was so cold. An hour later, I bundled up the kids to watch Zoe and Emily play their soccer game. The sun was out by then, so it was much warmer and the kids shed their layers. I would rather have them overdressed than underdressed! Zoe scored a goal during the game and Emily played a lot on the front line and did a great job!

Matt wanted to go to the game, but he stayed home to meet up with an electrician. We had been dealing with flickering lights and our power going on and off for awhile and we finally got it fixed. Yay!

Matt and I celebrated our 1st date anniversary on Saturday, October 9th (which is also my sister, Donna's birthday). We met 14 years ago. We didn't have much of a celebration together since I went out with my Mom and Grandmother to see "Eat Pray Love". I thought the movie was very good and I'd like to read the book now, which I assume will be so much better than the movie. Does anyone know if that is true?

Zoe went over to Morgan's house after church yesterday to spend the night and she is still there. I am now going to get ready to take the kids to the museum to play and make boats. They are very excited! Eleanor woke up early this morning not feeling well because she was so excited. Emily and Zach got up early with her. Emily, Eleanor, and Zach were up and dressed before 5:30 this morning. That is crazy! I am now finding out that they had planned to get up at 5:30, so they set the alarm on the nintendo. They ended up waking up before the alarm went off...at 4:25! Eleanor felt better as the morning went on, which we figured she would. I'm thinking these 3 are going to fall asleep early tonight!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, that is early! I guess you had no school yesterday? it sounds like a fun week! We are getting so excited to see Matt next week.