Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The past few days

I can't seem to get back on track of blogging every day. So, here is a recap of the past several days.

Sunday morning, Matt and I picked the kids up from my parents' house and headed to church for a potluck brunch and to watch the 1st session of conference for the day. Diane and Stan Brewer were at the brunch! They served a mission in our branch 7 or 8 years ago and we have kept in touch with them since they left. They are visiting Maine for the week and I'm so glad they came to our brunch to visit with all of us.

We came home to watch the last session of conference. My parents stayed home for both sessions and that was a great plan for them since they watched both sessions on Saturday with our noisy family AND they had our kids overnight. They earned a quiet day at home watching conference!

I spent the day yesterday getting rid of bags of clothes at Goodwill, a friend's house, and some bags made it into my parents' attic. It would have felt better if I hadn't brought back home some bags from the attic. There is always a constant flow of clothes coming in and out of this house! I am grateful for the bags and bags of clothes that we have, though.

On the way to soccer practice yesterday, Zoe decided to take pictures of herself with my camera. She took some good shots of herself!



The camera then got passed around the car and different children captured different shots.










Silly, silly children!

Matt needed the Yukon today, so my Dad gave me a ride to Ellsworth this morning, so I could make it to my Primary Presidency meeting. I not only have a wonderful mother, but a wonderful father as well. I am so blessed! My Mom stayed home from work today, so Kate, Noah, and I spent the rest of the morning and some of the afternoon with my Mom. That was nice. I wasn't sure how Zoe was going to get home from her soccer game this afternoon, so it worked out perfectly to have my Mom go watch the game, bring Zoe to McDonald's, and then bring Zoe home.

I spent some time in the garden when we got home. The deer have been around lately (we hadn't seen them much during the summer), so it is time to get our crops in before the deer eat it! Here is a picture of some of the food that I brought in. That is lettuce in between several of the pumpkins. There is 1 ear of corn to represent the bag of corn that we have. Kate is so proud of her corn! She had fun playing with the worms that we found as I pulled up the corn stalks.

We are so excited to have 4 pumpkins! We had many pumpkin blossoms, but no pumpkins would grow at first. We finally saw 1 pumpkin growing and thought that would be it. We were happy to have 1 pumpkin growing and we had fun watching it grow. Then we discovered another one, and another, and another one. Yay! We plan on having a separate pumpkin patch next year.

I went to the grocery store this evening and stocked up on Game On food. We start another round tomorrow. I'm ready to get back to healthy eating and living!

No comments: