Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Clowning Around



I dug out the Halloween costumes today and we also went over to Orland Costume Closet where we borrowed some costumes. We are not going with our awesome family themed costumes this year, hopefully next year. Time and money were not on our side this season. After getting our costumes out, I realized that we have accumulated quite a few costumes and the kids are more than happy to wear them over and over, so I need not stress about costumes. The older kids did pick up some new ideas and costumes at the Costume Closet, which is also fun. Zoe is going to be an artist, Emily is going to dress old fashioned style, and Eleanor and Zach are going to be rock stars! Zach doesn't have a complete costume, so we'll have to work on that, but they both have toy guitars (which no longer make sounds :-) that they love! Kate has quite a few options, so I'm not sure what she'll end up being, but she was leaning toward the butterfly costume. Noah could be a dog or a lion. The kids had tons of fun trying on costumes this afternoon!

The kids watched a new Scooby Doo movie before bed tonight. When I walked into the living room where they were watching the movie, I found Kate cuddling with Noah. It was so sweet! It seemed like she was trying to comfort Noah, so she could be comforted herself. I tried to capture the moment, but of course they moved right before I took the shot.

1 comment:

Mal said...

Making our own costumes was (in my opinion, NOT my mum's) part of the fun of Halloween. Have fun!