Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF

Let me start with a few things I have forgotten to mention. Eleanor bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting for the first time this past Sunday! I was in the Mother's room with Zach and Kate when I heard Zoe sharing her testimony. Then I heard Emily and then I heard Eleanor. I love to hear their testimonies.

When I am outside with the kids and the sun goes behind a cloud, Kate says "Oh, the lights went out!". It is so cute.

Zoe found a tick on her head Wednesday night. It was all blown up and firmly attached. I got it out, but I didn't think I had gotten the head. I saved the tick and I brought Zoe to the doctor's after school with all of the kids. It was a wood tick, so Lyme disease wasn't a concern and I did get all of the tick out, so that was good to know.

Emily and Eleanor had fun with Daisy and Anna after school on Wednesday. They took a ride to Castine where they looked at a display of miniature sculptures and they got ice cream. The kids get ice cream in Castine when they go there in Don's boat, so I guess Eleanor mentioned that there was ice cream there, so they got ice cream. They also stopped at the Blue Hill library and they each brought home a book. I picked Zoe up from school since Emily and Eleanor weren't going to be on the bus and we went home to watch the Redbox movies I had rented.

Emily had her last baseball practice last night, so we are officially done with baseball, softball, and T-ball. :-) Eleanor missed her last practice last Saturday with everything going on with the soil delivery, soil raking, seed buying, fixing the lawn mower and water heater, etc., but she hasn't mentioned T-ball, so I guess it's okay. Matt took Emily, Eleanor, and Kate to Emily's practice. They had a scrimmage and then they received a certificate and a package of baseball cards.

I took Zoe, Zach, and Noah to the middle school for the open house where we toured the school, met the 5th grade teachers (Zoe will know on the 18th who her teacher is), and we met in the gym to listen to the principal and vice principal explain some things about the school. Well, I did a retarded thing and it really bugs me that I did it because I know better. I followed Zoe up the bleachers and we sat in the middle of the crowd. The principal started talking...and so did Noah. I did a mental headslap and tried to keep Noah quiet. Then Zach started whining at me. Noah was embarrassing Zoe because he wouldn't be quiet and it was hard enough to hear what was being said without a babbling baby in the crowd. I asked Zoe if she wanted me to take Noah out, but she said no. After awhile, I ended up getting up and I sat on the bottom bench until Zach came down with me. I stood near the teachers by the door, but Noah was still babbling and Zach was really whining at me then. Mrs. Gormley, one of the 5th grade teachers, asked Zach if she could take him for a walk. He agreed after she asked him a few more times, so they left and then I just needed to keep Noah quiet. No such luck. I didn't catch much of what was said, but I was assured later by the teachers that I would get a handbook with all of the information that I needed to know. Zoe wanted to look around upstairs one more time, so we did that and then we left. Zoe didn't want to leave, but I was ready to go. It WAS fun to watch Zoe and her friends as they walked around the school. This is a very exciting time for them as they graduate on to the middle school. I just kept thinking how time flies and before we know it we'll be taking a tour of the high school. Yikes! Let's enjoy these middle school years first.

Zoe woke me up just before midnight to tell me that she threw up in her bed (which means she threw up on the floor). I cleaned it up while she took a bath. I wonder if the big dinner that she ate and the excitement of being at the middle school were just too much for her stomach to take. She felt fine when she woke up this morning and she went to school.

While I was cleaning the bathroom this morning, Kate decided to pour herself some milk in her cereal bowl. I feel like I've been cleaning up more messes than usual lately. Fun!

Zoe's class walked to Mrs. LaLonde's house today where they ate lunch and then they stopped for an ice cream at the Dairy Port on their way back to school. I passed them as they were getting their ice cream. We had a rainy morning, so I'm glad this afternoon was nice enough for them to go ahead with their lunch/ice cream plans.

I can smell our yummy chicken casserole baking. Matt will be here at my parents' house at 4:30 (we haven't seen much of him this week with him leaving early most mornings and working late Wednesday) and we will eat and then watch "Wipeout". We're excited for the 2 hour special, and if I set the DVR correctly, we'll get to watch it on the big screen tv in the living room. I love Friday evenings when we have something fun planned. :-)

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Joey!
You have had a busy week! I'm so glad you got to go to the temple and your friend was so kind to tend Noah. The garden looks great, what a great family effort! I hope it grows well. I bet the kids will love watching it grow. I was talking to Matt while you were updating your blog on Sunday, that's funny. I'm glad you are all doing well!

Dawn said...

Every place is so different - middle school is 6, 7, and 8 around here. How neat to live in a small enough place that the kids could walk to their teacher's house and have lunch - and what a great teacher!

I haven't had to worry much about ticks since living in Minnesota - I can remember those big swollen things - especially on the dog. Yuck! Glad you got it all. We do have tick fever here in the mountains, but haven't had the bad fortune to have one on me or anyone I know. Maybe I just don't get up there enough!

Have a great week.

Phae-Jae said...

Testimonies...good!
Ticks...bad!

We LOVE Wipeout!