Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Getting more sleep :-)

Friday night, Matt and I went to Pizzeria Uno ALL BY OURSELVES! My wonderful mom gave us a gift card and insisted that Noah stay behind with her. We had a delicious, peaceful meal. It was so nice! Noah did well. He got upset on and off for the last hour that we were gone, but he was happy on my mom's lap when we got home. I think my mom started a new habit of no more datenights with Noah...and movies are an option again. :-)
Zoe and Emily went home with my mom and Aly to spend the night.

Saturday was a party day, although Kate got left behind with Matt because of her bad cold. Eleanor, Zach, Noah, and I went over to Jenn's house for Lauren's 3rd birthday party. Zach and Eleanor had a great time painting, playing, and eating. We left the birthday party to go straight to Daisy and Anna's end of the school year/beginning of summer party. Zoe and Emily joined us and the kids had fun painting again, jumping in the bounce house (it was a smaller one so I think only Eleanor and Zach jumped in it), eating (I wish I had brought my camera to take a picture of the awesome flip flop cakes!), planting sunflowers in a cup to take home, swinging, and playing with friends. It was a cloudy, rainy day, but the rain held off during the party. Eleanor lost her goodie bag before we left the party, so she left crying. We tried to console her, but we didn't have her goodie bag to give back to her, so she continued to cry. A few hours after we left the party, Daisy and Anna's grandmother came to our house to give Eleanor a different goodie bag that she had put together. It was very sweet of her and it made Eleanor feel better.

On Sunday, we all went to church together in Ellsworth, which was nice since it was Father's Day. Matt had to sit on the stand since he was there on his speaking assignment, so he wasn't able to help during Sacrament. He was the last speaker, so by the time he spoke, I was in the Relief Society room with Kate and Noah, but I was able to listen to his talk, which was very good. We came over to my parents' house after church for a yummy ham dinner and we had yummy brownie sundaes for dessert, well the adults had brownie sundaes and the kids had brownies.
Sunday night was Noah's first night to go to bed at 8pm and stay in his bed until 6am or later. He cried for about 30 minutes before going to sleep. He woke up a few times during the night, but quickly went back to sleep both times. Kate and Eleanor woke up to total darkness in the middle of the night since we turned all the lights off when we usually keep the living room light on, but they didn't like that, so I turned the living room light back on. With everyone waking up throughout the night, I didn't get much sleep, but it was nice to finally have Noah go to bed with the kids and start training him to sleep through the night. It was so relaxing to sit and read the Ensign after Noah went to bed.

The pool opened yesterday, but it was cold and rainy, so we didn't go. We had a long day at home. The kids did some painting, playing, and watched movies. When the rain stopped in the afternoon, the kids went outside long enough to get wet and dirty. Fun!...for them anyway. I wouldn't let Kate out, so she was not happy with me about that.
We ate dinner and had FHE when Matt got home. Zoe won the barrell of monkeys game. I think she had 8 or 9 monkeys hooked together. Usually Matt wins, so Zoe was happy to win last night.
Noah made it through his second night of going to bed at 8pm. I'm not quite sure how long he cried since I left to get some milk after I put him to bed, and he was asleep and then woke up when I got home because Zach was crying when I got home and woke Noah up, but I don't think he cried for as long as last night and he settled down quickly after I got home. He slept all night long and didn't wake up until 8:30this morning. :-)

It is another cloudy, rainy day today. The kids played all morning and they played well, but things started falling apart around 11am, right when I was talking with Matt on the phone. A lot of fighting started going on and I was part of it, but we made it through and we ate lunch, cleaned up, read scriptures, said prayers, and headed for my parents house. Matt is working late tonight and I did not want to endure the entire rainy day at home alone. Now the kids are happily watching movies, playing with cousins, and eating. I am happily ignoring them and playing on the computer. :-)

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

That's great that Noah is sleeping longer-it just makes it easier to get through the day when you know you'll be able to sleep at night.

I don't know how you can do it on Sundays with six-I am always a disaster by the end of church with my four.

Janae said...

I am so excited for you that Noah is learning to sleep through the night:)
those are Very wonderful nights!
It sounds like you guys are busy with summer starting:)

Kris said...

Go Noah, what a difference a good night's sleep makes.

It sounds like all the rain we have had might have ended up at your house. It has been so wet! That will be great for your garden (not as great for summer vacation, but I'm sure it will be hot soon enough.)