Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Random Notes

When we arrived at my parents' house yesterday, Zach said, "Aly's here! I love Aly! I love watching her play on her nintendo!"

My kids eat the cheap brand of honey nut cheerios for breakfast. They prefer the cheap brand. When Eleanor's friend, Lucy spent the night, she said she liked the cheap brand better. My mom bought us a box of real honey nut cheerios the other day and when Eleanor took a bite of them, she said, "I don't like these cheerios." I'm glad my kids like the cheaper cheerio brand. :-)

Matt and I found Kate asleep on my chair this morning.

She insisted on wearing one of her bathing suits to bed last night and she insisted on sleeping on Zach's plastic box that holds his clothes. She woke up early this morning and I covered her up on the box, but she was on my chair when Matt left for work and she was still there when I got up.

My Dad played Phase 10 with me, Philip, Aly, and Zoe yesterday. My Mom has been trying to get him to play with us for awhile, so she was surprised to see him playing the game when she got home from work. We quit the game when it was dinner time and then we started a new game with me, my Mom, my Dad, and Philip playing. We had to quit that game when it was time for me to feed Noah and get ready to go home, but it was fun to play the game with more people.

I took the kids swimming today along with Aly and Philip. The sun wasn't out, but at least it is in the 70's today. Still a bit cool to be swimming, but my kids have been so anxious to get to the pool! Eleanor's lips were blue when she decided she was too cold to swim anymore, but Zoe, Emily, Zach, and Kate were still going strong. I held Noah most of the time because he got splashed when we first got there and he did not like that. We would have stayed until 4:15 when the pool closes for the afternoon, but it started to downpour, so the pool closed around 3:20. It only rained for about 2 minutes, so closing the pool down for good seemed unnecessary to me, but I'm not the boss of the pool, so we left. The sun is trying to come out now. Tomorrow is supposed to be the best day of the week with a chance of sunshine. I really hope we see the sun tomorrow and it's warmer pool weather.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I sure hope stops raining out there soon, for your sake and for my son's. I am keeping close tabs on the weather out there and it's been unbelievable!