Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Vacation is here!

Saturday, June 13th: Matt was able to mow our lawn. :-) We all went to the library. We went to the grocery store 3 different times. The first time, I picked up 5 candy bars to make a candy bar poster for Eleanor's teacher. When we got home, I left Eleanor with the candy bars because she wanted to help make the poster, so I told her that I would be right back after I got Noah out of the car. When I went back inside, Eleanor had unwrapped all of the candy (Kate was eating some of it) and she had it neatly organized and ready to make the poster. She wasn't supposed to unwrap the candy, so Eleanor and I headed back to the grocery store to pick up more candy bars and I bought enough for Zoe and Emily to make a poster for their teachers. Eleanor did a lot of writing for her poster and she did a great job! She actually made it Monday evening, but here is a picture of it.
It says: (the bold words are candy bars)
Dear Mrs. Pelletier,
What a joy to have you for a teacher in Kindergarten. You taught me rhyming words like love, dove, and glove. You let me be star of the week, which I loved! You brought me to Vance's Tropical Fish. You showed me how to write my m's and other letters and numbers. Thank you! Love, Eleanor

I took the kids to the park Saturday afternoon and then we all went to Dodie's house for The Lee's going away party. Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor went home with Aimee to spend the night, so Matt and I brought home Zach, Kate, and Noah. It was a less hectic evening getting the kids bathed and in bed than we anticipated. My parents, Philip, and Aly arrived home safely. :-)

Sunday, June 14th: Matt left around 7:45am to go to Belfast for their conference. I rushed around to get myself and the younger kids ready and to pack dresses for the older girls who were going to change at church and I was out the door at 8:30...right on time. The Yukon broke down on the Russell Hill road. Not good. I didn't have a phone, Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor were arriving to church in shorts and I had their dresses, Zoe was singing in Sacrament meeting, so I knew she would be freaking out about not having a dress on, I had my class to teach and if we walked all the way home (between 3 and 5 miles) than I wouldn't be able to call and let Jerry know I wouldn't be there and my family would be wondering where I was, and it was raining lightly. I got the kids out of the car and we started walking. I was pushing Noah in the stroller, carrying Kate, and Zach was walking behind me. We were getting ready to cross route 46 when a sweet, sweet woman named Vicki Osborne (my niece has a similar name) stopped and asked if we were boken down and if we needed a ride. YES! I am so grateful that we didn't have to walk far and that we didn't have to walk all the way home, and that someone stopped to help in this day and age. I think the fact that she passed the broken down Yukon helped. I called the church when we got home and I called Matt in Belfast to let him know what was going on. The kids and I watched Liken the Scripture movies all day. Aimee brought Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor to my parents' house and my mom picked up Zach and Kate while Noah and I waited for Matt and then we went over to my parents' house for dinner and to celebrate Philip's 14th birthday. What a day!


Philip likes ice cream cake, so we turned this congratulations ice cream cake into a birthday cake. It was delicious!



Monday, June 15th: Eleanor had a field trip to the Dairy Port and Zoe had a field trip to Moose Point State Park. Zach, Kate, Noah, and I came over to my parents' house in the afternoon. I had taken my mom's car home Sunday night, so I could get back to her house today. My mom was home, so we played a game of Phase 10 together and then we played Phase 10 with Philip. He kicked our butts! Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor took the bus to my parents' house and we stayed until Matt arrived at 4:30. Matt took the older girls with him and my mom brought the rest of us home. We ate dinner and we had FHE. Eleanor made her poster.



Tuesday, June 16th: Eleanor's last day of Kindergarten! She went on a field trip to the creative playground and she met her 1st grade teacher, Ms. Gould. Ms. Gould is a new teacher, so I'm hoping to meet her before school starts. We kicked off Eleanor's start to summer with a movie and treats, thanks to Aunt Donna! We watched the new version of "That Darn Cat" and the kids ate popcorn and candy. I spent my time keeping Noah away from the food. Matt worked late.



Wednesday, June 17th: This was Eleanor's first day of summer vacation and I think she had a fun day! We went over to Jenn's house in the morning where Jenn, Hayden, Connor, Lauren, Colby, Harry, and Victoria were. The kids had fun playing together and we stayed for lunch. Then we went over to our house for some sprinkler fun. Hayden, Connor, and Harry joined us and then Jack, Victoria, and Andrea joined us later on. It was perfect weather for the sprinkler. Emily joined the fun when she got home from school. Andrea brought over popsicles for the kids. Zoe went to her friend Lauren's birthday party after school. It was a pool party, so I'm glad the weather cooperated for their fun, too. :-)







Zoe and Emily made their posters this evening. Here is Zoe's poster...

It says:

Dear Mrs. LaLonde,

You bring joy to my life! I have had you for two years. In the first year we learned about the milkyway and all the planets. In the second year we learned about habitats. Fish live in the water! You are bursting with fun! I am so glad I had you and I will miss you very, very much. I Love you!

Love,

Zoe

Here is Emily's poster...



It says:
Dear Mrs. Wight,
What a joy to have you for my teacher this year! I am glad you will be my teacher next year, too. I wonder if we will learn about the milkyway or more about fish in 3rd grade. I guess I'll find out after summer vacation. I am so ready for summer, I could burst! I hope you have a great summer.
Love,
Emily

Thursday, June 18th: Zoe and Emily's last day of school and it was a half day! Zoe had her step-up day, so she went to the middle school to meet her teacher, Mrs. Gormley. We really liked Mrs. Gormley, so I'm glad she is Zoe's teacher next year. The kids turned on the sprinkler when Zoe and Emily got home, but it wasn't as warm out, so they didn't last very long in it. The younger kids had a picnic.





Matt picked up the Yukon. Yay! It needed a new fuel pump. We went over to my parents' house for dinner and to watch "Wipeout". Fun!

Friday, June 19th: Zoe and Emily's first day of summer vacation. It is rainy, but it makes for a good lazy day at my parents' house.

Random Notes: Kate likes to say "Yes Sir" to me. The first time she said it, I replied, "I am not a sir, I am a ma'am." Then Kate replied, "No, you're mommy!"

Zoe's picture of the week:

3 comments:

Kris said...

Joey, I got your email & am excited you remember JoDee. I will give her your email address next week!

I'm glad you got your car fixed- what a pain!! So did Zoe have to sing in her shorts??

I hope everyone has a fun beginning of summer vacation. The poster idea is so great!

Katie said...

I remember making those candy bar posters when I was younger, they were so fun! What is this phase ten you are always playing? I love to play games. Looks like you've been busy. what a way to start out the summer!

Dawn said...

I am always amazed when I realize how late you guys get out of school, but then remember how many long breaks you have in the school year. I have been keeping track of Maine's weather and it seems you're having more than your share of rain. Kev's quite tired of it!

The posters are very clever - I had to chuckle at Eleanor opening all of them and Kate eating one. Too cute!