Monday, August 06, 2007

ummmmm

I feel like I should write something, but there's not much to say. We've been hanging out with Matt's brother and his family as much as we can. Zoe, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach stayed over at my parents' house Friday night while the rest of us went to eat at Bugaboo Creek. That's a popular place for us to eat when Matt's family is in town. We were having quite a thunder/lightning storm when we left the restaurant to head home. It was funny to see all the men (including Matt & Jon) run out to get the cars as people left the restaurant. We had power when we got home, but Jon & Kerri weren't so lucky.
We picked up our kids Saturday morning and went to Jon & Kerri's for a delicious breakfast of sourdough pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Then the rest of the day was spent in the lake. We have had such great weather lately. :-)
We went to church yesterday and then we all went over to my parents' house for dinner. The cousins have had a great time playing together this past week!
We're hoping to see Matt's family one more time this evening before they head back to Utah tomorrow. Vacations go by too quick!

Kate is 6 months old today! She is still a mama's girl. She has a new love for paper, and she gets her hand in my food whenever she gets the chance. I need to buy her some fruits & vegetables to try because she is ready to eat!

I lost 2 pounds last week...my first week on weight watchers. I want to lose 13 more pounds. We'll see how well this second week goes.

Okay, I guess I did have something to say after all.

8 comments:

Janae said...

It sounds like you guys have been really busy! So glad the trip has been fun for all:)

Jenn said...

sounds like a fun family! and congrats on the weight watchers 2 pound loss. I wish I had the will power for some weight loss. I also want to lose 15 pounds :) But I'm not currently doing anything to make that happen :) Ooops.

Kris said...

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what's been going on. Sounds fun!

dawnae said...

congrats on the weight loss! That is fabulous! It is the hardest thing to do. It is great you are able to spend some time with Matt and Kerri, and their kids.

dawnae said...

ps I tagged you, hope your not too busy!

Courtney said...

Great job! Are you still always hungry or has that passed?

Phae-Jae said...

Vacations do go to quickly!

Congrats on the weight loss!

Katie said...

Happy belated 6 months Kate!! Maybe some day we can get Ella and Kate together to play. Ella is a mama's girl too. I love it. My son was that way too, then he totally ditched me for his dad, so Im enjoying it while I can...I looked for a picture of Kate, but cant find one... you'll have to post one soon.