Thursday, August 23, 2007

A taste of 7

A trip to the park, the dentist for Emily's cleaning, and McDonald's with my 5 plus 2 went smoother than expected and wasn't much different than our usual chaos. The only challenging time was when I woke Zach up when we got to the park and he was grumpy, grumpy, grumpy, but after ignoring him for awhile and then offering him crackers he perked up. It was quite amusing to see the receptionist at the dentist's office watch us pile in..."You have 5 kids, right?"...She counted heads, then I explained I'm watching 2 more. Then a co-worker reminisced about her family of 7 kids growing up. I brought Legos and Magnetix Jr. toys for the kids to play with. They played in the kids' area and were very patient waiting. When I came back into the waiting room after going into the room with Emily to talk with the dentist, I went to the kids area to tell the kids to clean up and noticed all the toys were put away and the kids were ready to go...I was impressed! The lady walking out the same time as us commented several times on how well the kids behaved. It is so nice when the kids are on their best behavior in public. :-)
At McDonald's I smiled at the question, "Are those ALL yours?" Pretty much. They were good at McDonald's too.

Since the girl I am watching is Zoe's best friend, it was no surprise that when Zoe found out that Morgan was coming over for the day that a sleepover would be requested. So our adventure of 7 continues until tomorrow. An eventful day and having Matt home at bedtime has proven to be wise because they are all asleep in their beds...and it didn't take long for that to happen. :-)

4 comments:

Janae said...

That is always a bonus when everyone behaves nicely:) sounds like a fun day!

LaRae said...

You are a brave woman! I am glad to hear the kids cooperated and were on their best behavior.

Dawn said...

You are a very brave lady! Good for them for being so great.

mindyluwho said...

I had nine siblings and going to McDonalds was a HUGE treat! I don't know how my mom managed. I have six, but the youngest is 5 so going places is a lot easier than with toddlers running around! Kudos to you for taking on two more!