Thursday, August 09, 2007

Much better

Yesterday was a long, rainy day which ended with a very frazzled me. Today has been quite delightful. My one goal this morning was to do some scrapbooking today...which did not happen BUT we did take Emily and Eleanor to their swimming lessons where Eleanor was the only one there for most of her class so she basically had a private lesson, we got the Yukon inspected...which was supposed to be done last month, we played at the park (playground)...we saw Zoe & Emily's Kindergarten teacher and got the 411 on the new principal (I was happy with the report), we stopped at the Dairy Port for ice cream...Eleanor took a bath in hers, she was covered from head to toe! (Zoe and Emily had 1 or 2 more smiley faces than frowny faces...yay!), I deposited money in the bank which resulted in free lollipops for the kids, we drove home to change into swimming suits and grab a snack before heading to the pool, went to the pool where Zach insisted on getting back into the pool during the break and walked toward the middle of the pool so I couldn't reach him (I wasn't dressed for swimming) so I told Zoe to go get him, but she refused until the lifeguard told her it was okay for her to go get her brother...and then after the whistle blew to swim again, Zach decided to play on his towel (sigh)...and now we are home after stopping at the movie store and spending almost as much as I do for a month of Netflix (another sigh). I am a much more relaxed mom tonight, letting my kids watch a movie and eat popcorn before bed...no one has called me Cruella today. :-)

4 comments:

Kris said...

it sounds like a fun day! I love summer!

Janae said...

Yea on a better night! I am hoping for a good one tonight:)

Dawn said...

Sounds like a very good kid day!

Phae-Jae said...

That kind of day takes a lot out of you! What a good Mom you are!