Wednesday, November 09, 2011

37

My birthday celebration started on Monday night. We went over to the Millis' for dinner, FHE, and birthday cake for Sister Milliken and myself. We had a lot of fun!

I had a very nice birthday yesterday. It had some stressful moments with getting Emily's insurance and physical information to the school for basketball tryouts, but overall it was fun. The day included a trip to Goodwill with Kate, Noah, my Mom, and my Grandmother followed by lunch at the Ground Round. My Mom & I played a game of Phase 10. My parents and my grandmother came over in the evening for cake and ice cream.

Eleanor made a personalized pad of paper for me. She wrote my name at the top of each piece of paper. It was so sweet and I will think of her every time I use it. :-)


I received money to do some fun shopping with, which I am looking forward to! Noah kept trying to steal my money!

I also received a Motorola XOOM, which is super exciting!

I'm not the only one who is excited about it!

Matt downloaded the Netflix app and had Iron Man playing.

Now I can update my blog even when someone is on the computer. :-) Matt downloaded an LDS Scriptures app this morning and I almost forgot to use it when I got out my Sunday School manual and scriptures, but then I realized that I could use the XOOM and not have to flip through my scriptures to find different chapters and verses. It was AWESOME to just click on the scripture from the manual and then click back to the manual. I love it, love it, love it!

Yummy cake and ice cream time!


I have a great family and I'm glad they celebrated with me. I also appreciated the phone calls, Facebook messages, and emails I received from family and friends. It all made my day. :-)

3 comments:

Mal said...

Haha! I love how into the XOOM Matt is. Happy birthday! And congratulations on having such a great family!

Gabriela said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great celebration.

I'm trying not to remember that in 3 days I'll be 37 and 1/2! Agghhh!

Martie said...

Happy birthday, friend! It looks like you were given a super special day. I wish we lived closer so I could take you to lunch.