Friday, December 17, 2010

Man Camp & "Kids' Camp"

I went to volunteer in Eleanor's classroom today for the first time this school year. I volunteered quite a bit when Zoe had this same teacher, but it has been harder this year to get to the school. It has been harder the past several years and I have gotten out of the habit of volunteering, so I'm trying to get back into the habit. Eleanor's class started their gingerbread houses today and then they went over to the Senior Citizen's Center to sing and hand out cards that they made. The Senior Citizen's Center is connected to my grandmother's apartment building, so my grandmother was able to come down and listen to the children sing. That was special.

We are a bit scattered this evening. Matt is camping out at Camp Bravo with Peter, Justin, and Jason. After sleeping out last year in single digit numbers, this year's 20+ degrees is going to be nothing...so they say. I'll stick with my 70 degree home. Zoe and Emily are staying over with Daisy, and Daisy's sister, Anna is staying here with Eleanor. We watched "Elf", ate popcorn, and now the kids are playing. Zach is the only one asleep. I plan on being asleep soon, too. Eleanor and Anna do not have that same plan.

No comments: