Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Confusion

There was point tonight where I didn't know where Emily was and Matt didn't know where Zoe was. This is the plan that I thought was going to happen. I would bring Zoe to basketball practice at 4:15 and then head to church for Cub Scouts at 5:30pm. My Mom would pick Emily up at home and then pick Zoe up from practice and then bring them to church for Activity Days at 6:30pm. Matt knew I was leaving at 4:15 to bring Zoe to practice, but he wasn't sure who was picking Zoe up. I left around 4:10 to bring Zoe to practice since I realized that her practice was in Orland, which would take a few extra minutes, so we left earlier than planned. Emily was in charge for the few minutes before Matt got home. Matt saw me leaving early and wondered why I was leaving early and still didn't know who was picking up Zoe. He tried to call me, but my phone battery was dead (I left my diaper bag at Church on Sunday, which had my phone and camera in it, so I just got that back this evening. We sadly have no pictures of the kids decorating the Christmas tree this year because I didn't have my camera at home. :-( Matt tried calling the church and my parents, but he couldn't get a hold of any of us. He went to the school to pick up Zoe, but she wasn't there. So, he was at home wondering where Zoe was. I was at church wondering where Emily was because she didn't come into the room with Zoe when we started Activity Days. I thought I saw Emily in my parents' car when they drove into the parking lot and I thought Zoe had told me that Emily was in the car with her, so I was totally baffled as to where she was. I checked the bathrooms and other rooms in the church. No Emily, which was weird. I called Matt and with relief found out that Emily was with him and he was happy to hear that Zoe was with me. I realized after talking with Matt that Zoe must have thought that Emily rode to church with me, so when Emily didn't come into the room at the start of the activity and then didn't show up 10 minutes later, it really freaked her out. I had figured that Emily was in the bathroom when we started the activity, but as time went on, I started to worry. Matt and I are so grateful to have all of our children home, accounted for, and now asleep! :-)

No comments: