Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Softball is done :-)

Matt found Kate asleep one night with Eleanor's sunglasses on. Too cute!

Here is Noah playing his climbing the stairs game.

The girls bring home a lot of artwork at the end of the school year. In the past, I have put up all of the artwork in the hallway to show during the summer, but this year I am displaying one piece at a time in the kitchen, and I will show it here as well. So the first artwork displayed this past week was Zoe's. A lot of the artwork is out of season, but we still enjoy looking at it.


Noah enjoyed the sunshine and the grass during Emily's practice last Thursday.

This was such a perfect evening to watch Emily. It was so nice out!


Matt took Zoe, Emily, and Zach fishing on Monday.

The one fish that was caught.

The spot they went to involved a lot of getting out of the canoe to get over the beaver dams. Fun!

Zoe and Emily thought Matt was leaving them, so they went after him. Silly girls!

Eleanor and Kate had their own fun at home. I made a bad decision and got Eleanor's art bucket out for her to play with while I took a shower and got ready for the day. While I was in the bathroom I heard Eleanor and Kate chanting, "Ants hate glitter! Ants hate glitter!" I figured they were talking about the hair glitter stick that Eleanor bought with her birthday money and they were torturing the ants with it, but I was wrong. The one package of glitter that I did not hide a few years back was in Eleanor's art bucket, and it ended up all over the kitchen floor Monday morning. To make matters worse, they added water to the glitter. Eleanor was happily swimming in the glitter when I discovered her. What a mess! My mom came over to pick me, Eleanor, Kate, and Noah up to go to her house, but she had to wait until I cleaned up the kitchen floor. It looked pretty hopeless at first, but after wiping up the water, sweeping the glitter, and wiping the floor again (with Eleanor's help) it did look clean when we left. Ugh.

Matt, Zoe, Emily, and Zach arrived at my parents' house around 12:30 and we had barbequed hotdogs and cheeseburgers, potato salad, and chips. Yummy! Then I brought Matt and Kate home (we had planned for Kate to stay with my parents, but Kate wanted to go home with Matt) and Noah and I took Zoe and Emily to Claire's to spend their gift cards. They had a 10 for $10 sale, which included 3 racks, so Emily took advantage of the sale. She got quite a few earrings and other jewelry and she bought a wallet. Zoe bought a wallet and nail polish. They were both very happy with what they bought...after looking through the store thoroughly.

We all met at home for FHE.

Yesterday felt like Monday. I did laundry and more laundry and more laundry. Do you realize that you are wearing laundry? It's silly to think laundry will ever be caught up.

Zoe had her last softball game last night. I missed it because I was at Emily's practice with the kids, but Matt watched Zoe. He said she played the entire game and she played shortstop. I wish I could have seen her. I watched the kids play and I took a few pictures before my camera battery died.





The kids played on the playground behind the Orland school for awhile and then we played in the prekindergarten area with sandboxes, a playhouse, picnic tables, a swingset, and other outside toys. There were quite a few kids playing in the area and my kids had fun making new friends and playing with the toys.
Emily is getting better with each practice and more comfortable playing.

I put more laundry away this morning and cleaned the bathroom. My mom called me to let me know she is home today, so after Zoe, Emily, and Eleanor got home from their half day of school and after homework and chores were done, we came over to my parents' house. We are having fun inside on this cloudy, rainy afternoon.
The kids found a Halloween craft kit, so Emily, Eleanor, and Zach made a figure. Zach made a cat, which he is very proud of! He did a great job for a 4 year old working with the glue.


I also gave Noah his first haircut. I just shaved above his ears where his hair was looking like Bozo the clown.

6 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Great idea on the artwork. It's so hard to know what to do with it all!

I love the pictures of the kids in the pipe.

MJ said...

I love the artwork idea, too! I'm totally going to use that.

Sad about the glitter all over the kitchen. Gotta love the crazy things kids do, though...

Katie said...

oh, glitter is the worst. We've had glittered incidnets before and they are no fun, Looks like you hace been busy, but having a great time! The weather looks beautiful there. We are hermits inside already, it's too hot unless you're in water.

Gabriela said...

Awww, Noah is looking so much like your other kids. :)

I read on someone's blog once, "unless everyone's naked, there's still laundry to do"

Love the artwork of the week-very nice Zoe!

I had a very strange dream the other night that I came over to your house for dinner and then your husband showed up with like 5 extra people from work. Somehow you managed to feed all the kids and all of the extras! I was very impressed (and you were very nice in the dream, as I am sure you are IRL). :)

Kris said...

Wow Joey, I just read this post and the previous one, that is some serious typing there. Thanks for taking the time to write it all. I love to hear what is going on with you guys. I can't remember by the time I am done reading all of the things I would like to comment about though. I'm glad softball is done, it sounded fun but will be nice to not be so busy I bet. I'm glad you have had some fun times at the children's museum, fishing, memorial day, etc! and the weather is warming up! Noah is so cute, Bozo the clown or no.

Janae said...

great photos Joey:)
I love the one with Kate sleeping with sunglasses and seeing cute Noah!
Sounds like you guys have been very busy. I too am glad softball is over...it is amazing to me the amount of time it truly takes. Lilli does enjoy playing though, so it's all worth it.