Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The rest of our weekend

So here are the face painting pictures from Saturday. Emily received face paints for her birthday and she has been very anxious to use them. Saturday was the day!
A flower...


A truck...

A butterfly...

Hearts...

More hearts...

Another butterfly...

I didn't specify to just paint on the cheeks, so we were told about the cat...

At this point, I was really hoping that the paint would wash off easily at bathtime since the next day was church!

Another butterfly...


A flower pot with flowers...

A cracker...

A flower or sun?...

Zoe and Emily were the artists. I didn't give Kate permission to get into the paints after the girls were done...


The kids had fun playing at the park after we left my parents' house and then we went home for about an hour so I could get ready for the adult session of Stake Conference. We went to the Bangor Stake Center where we met Lucy's Dad and said goodbye to Lucy, Matt took the kids home (he got a ride to his stake meetings with my mom who also had meetings), and I stayed at the stake center with Noah. I fed Noah and claimed my seat by the door where my parents and Patti joined me. I didn't last long in the chapel with Noah, though. He wanted to crawl around and have fun, so I brought him into the Primary room and listened to the talks. Everyone who spoke gave a great talk about being obedient. It was a very uplifting meeting. It was a bit lonely in the Primary room with Noah, but I was able to enjoy the talks more where Noah could roam and be loud and I didn't have to worry about him being disruptive. My mom gave me a ride home and it was nice to talk with her without all the kids around.

I haven't mentioned yet that my hummingbirds arrived on Mother's Day. I could sit and watch the hummingbirds all day long. Also, Noah took his first step on Eleanor's birthday! I saw him take a step, but wondered if I had just imagined it, but I knew he had when he did it again later on. He has taken a step here and there the past few days. Way to go, Noah!

Stake Conference on Sunday was a regional broadcast, so we all traveled to Machias with Matt where he had to conduct the meeting. We were on the road at 7:30am, church started at 10am. There were 23 people in attendance. Zoe conducted the opening and closing songs and she did a great job! I was impressed that she said she would do it. 2 hours is a long time for anyone to sit still, so the children did very well considering. Kate ended up in the quiet room a few times, Noah nursed and fell asleep, and Eleanor fell asleep when she got really bored. Zoe's favorite story was about a little boy who said a prayer in Primary. He was thanful for the letter A, then thankful for the letter B, then thankful for the letter C, and so on until he got to the letter Z. The Primary teacher was tempted to stop the boy, but didn't. Then the boy was thankful for the number 1, the number 2, (the teacher wondered how high the boy could count!) and so on until the number 20. Then the boy ended his prayer by saying Thank you for my Primary teacher who is the only one who has ever let me finish my prayer. Cute. That prayer would never make it to the end at our house either! After conference, we were planning on having peanut butter crackers and bananas for a snack before leaving, but the members in Machias invited us to eat sandwiches, chips, salads, and desserts that they had brought for a potluck to enjoy after conference. We ate with them and it was so yummy! Our kids were adored and talked about a lot because Machias doesn't have any children that attend on a regular basis. As we left, I noticed the adults sitting around talking with no children around and it was quite inviting. I know, it would get old after awhile not having any little ones to tend to, but for one meal it would be so nice!

We drove to my parents' house to enjoy another yummy meal. We were well fed on Sunday! Then we went home to have family council, the kids ate once again before getting ready for bed, and then it was time to crash.

3 comments:

HeatherT said...

I don't think no kids would get old for a few meals. And the cracker cracks me up.

Gabriela said...

Good job conducting the music Zoe-that would scare me! Nice face paintings-I'm assuming it all came off?

Kris said...

OK, that is a LOT of face paint! They did such a good job...well, Kate maybe not so much :)

Good job Zoe on the songs, that is great. I can't believe Noah is walking already, wow!