Saturday, May 09, 2009

Life is busy, but good

It has been a busy week! It has also been cloudy and rainy. I spent the day Wednesday cleaning. Emily and Eleanor went to play with Daisy and Anna in the afternoon. This was the one night we were all home for dinner. We were all home to eat together Monday night after Zoe's game, but not everyone was hungry and it was a rushed dinner since we needed to give the kids a bath and get them ready for bed...and it was already past their bedtime.
I rescheduled Zach's picture appointment for Friday.

Before Matt left for work and the kids left for school on Thursday, I noticed that Zach's left ear was red and swollen. Zoe said that Zach complained that his ear hurt the night before, but he didn't complain about it to me or Matt. I was supposed to have a playdate with Jenn, but since Hayden was home from school and I needed to take Zach to the doctor, we rescheduled. When I told Zach we needed to take him to the doctor, he immediately asked if he was going to get shots. He was more than willing to go when I assured him that he wouldn't get any shots. He was very cooperative and good for the nurse and doctor. We found out he has a bacterial infection in his ear, so we went over to the pharmacy to fill his prescription. We walked over since it is close to the doctor's office. We waited about 15 minutes for the prescription. Kate didn't want to sit on the bench in the pharmacy, so we wandered around the store. Kate and Zach stopped in front of a rack filled with stuffed animals. First they looked at the animals. Then they touched the noses of the stuffed animals. Then they held the stuffed animals. Then Kate became very possessive of "her" stuffed animal and stated "mine!" every time I reminded her that the animal was staying in the store. I was anticipating a meltdown when it was time to leave, but after Zach put his stuffed animal back, Kate did too, along with a few other Sesame Street characters that she had picked up. Whew! We walked back to the car, but took a longer way to take a peek at Don's boat, which is now in the water. I believe that is where Matt is right now, either helping out on the boat or taking a ride. Anyway, Zach has been very good about taking his medicine. He has even been cooperative when Matt wakes him up in the middle of the night. I was expecting a meltdown the first night Matt woke Zach up, but I didn't hear a peep from Zach.
I cancelled Zach's picture appointment since his ear was red and swollen, and I had spent the picture money on medicine.

We went home to eat lunch and to pack up for our afternoon/evening at Sunshine's. I picked Zoe and Emily up from school and then I went to Eleanor's school to pick Eleanor up. We went to Sunshine's so Zoe and Emily could work on their skirts and then Zoe and Emily had Activity Days where they made something for me that I will receive tomorrow. :-) It was Emily's first official Activity Days! The kids had fun playing with Kai and Koa and all of their toys. We stayed for pizza and salad and then we headed home. Another late night out.

Noah turned 10 months old yesterday!


He is letting go and standing all by himself! He claps when he does it and he is always so proud of his new accomplishment.
I took Zach back to the doctor yesterday afternoon for a recheck. The doctor was impressed with how well Zach's ear looked. The medicine is working. Zoe went with me and she was in her softball uniform. By the time we left, she was tired of answering the question, "Are you coming or going from a game?" We went to the grocery store after Zach's appointment and then I dropped her off at the field to get ready for her game. I brought Zach and the groceries home, got the kids fed, and then Matt, Noah, and I went back to the game to watch Zoe. She sat on the bench for most of the game, but then she went into left field. She was the last one to bat, she struck out, and then the game ended. A lot of the girls on Zoe's team strike out with Sammy pitching. She is really good! Zoe did swing her bat for the last pitch, which was an improvement for Zoe. Her team lost, but hey, it was Friday night, so they were all happy when they left. We dropped Zoe off at home where my mom was watching the kids and then Matt and I came over to my parents' house to watch the last 2 episodes of "Chuck" and an episode of "The Office". We're really hoping that there is another season of "Chuck", but it's not looking good.

Eleanor had her first T-ball practice this morning. She was really nervous at first, being around a lot of kids she didn't know, but when they broke up into smaller groups and started practicing different skills, she felt more comfortable and started having fun. When Eleanor was tossing the ball to her partner, she wanted to pitch the ball. Her partner was a bit afraid of the ball and Eleanor was trying to wind it at her like a pitcher. At the end of the practice, Eleanor's hand shot up when the coach asked who wanted to stand on the pitcher's mound. I think pitching might be Eleanor's thing. The ball was hit to her several times, so she now knows to throw the ball to first base. She had a fun first practice.
I took the kids to the park after lunch and now we are hanging out at my parents' house for a bit. My mom and I are going to play Phase 10 and then we'll head home to eat pizza for dinner. I need to finish preparing my Sunday school lesson after the kids go to bed. We'll all go to church in Ellsworth tomorrow and then we'll come over to my parents' house for dinner.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

7 comments:

Janae said...

you guys have definitely been busy! May always seems to be so busy. The pictures of Noah standing are so darn cute. He is looking so much older now that he is standing. They really do grow so fast.

Dawn said...

Busy week! I fear that Noah will be walking before the twins - Katie walks when and if she wishes, but not on demand at all. Emma is crawling up on everything, but is not at all interested in walking. They are so active!

Gabriela said...

10 months old??? Oh my goodness.

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Katie said...

Hope you have a happy and relaxing mothers day! You deserve it. You have been very busy. Hope the ear gets better too.

Kris said...

I can't believe Noah is so big already. He looks like a little boy now (not a baby).

Eleanor goes to a different school than Zoe & Emily?

I hope Zach's ear is all better... that doesn't sound fun!

T-ball sounds fun.. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!!

HeatherT said...

That was a busy week! And we also really hope Chuck comes back. We love that show. But they did end it well if they don't.

mindyluwho said...

That is such a cute picture of Noah! I love it when they are just starting to stand and trying to walk. I can't believe that he is already that old!