Monday, September 21, 2009

My hope is to blog more often!

I was going to end my last post with the morning we had, but I ran out of time. I rushed home after blogging to be there when the girls got off the bus. As I was driving home, I realized that I left my wipes at my parents' house, but they weren't worth going back for since I have more wipes at our house, but then further down the road I realized that I had left at my parents' house the milk that I had bought before arriving at my parents' house, so after the girls got home, we piled in the car again to come get the milk. Zoe said it would take an hour, she was not looking forward to the ride after getting off the bus. I said it would take 20 minutes. It took 26 minutes. I let Zach throw away the tissue paper after getting a cookie at the grocery store, which made him very happy. I brought home a caterpillar for Eleanor from my parents' house, which made her happy.

Our Thursday, September 17th started earlier than expected. The alarm went off at 5:30am, so I got up and took a shower and Matt got up to exercise. After getting ready for the day, I went into the kitchen to get ready to fix the girls their breakfast. I looked at all 3 clocks that we have in the kitchen and each one said it was only 5:06am. I told Matt it was only 5am and we both started laughing. I went back into our bedroom to check our clock and it had been set an hour later than it really was. I blamed Matt who set the clock the night before, and Matt said that Noah was part to blame because he unplugged the clock the day before. Matt had already woken the girls up to get ready for school, so we all sat around for 50 minutes talking, which was really nice. Matt said we should always get up that early to talk and hang out and the girls actually agreed. Eleanor made a sign and put it on the fridge to remind us to wake them up at 5am. I have no desire to get up at 4:30am everyday.

I did more laundry and organizing of clothes today. I am almost done with the clothes. Yay!

Matt had Stake Leadership Training this evening. During our morning discussion, Matt was telling me that he was going to give out some handouts and brainstorm during his class, but Zoe informed him that that would be too boring and that he should have someone be a missionary and role play. That would be much more exciting!

I watched "Mulan 2" with the kids in the evening. We all enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy Noah and Kate crawling all over me during the movie and whining and crying, but I did get to watch all of the movie.

After the kids were in bed, I read our local paper and enjoyed the peace and quiet. :-)

Friday, September 18th: Matt took the day off from work. He took Zach fishing. Zach got to paddle and he caught a fish all by himself!


I had a productive morning and I finished organizing the clothes...and then I remembered some clothes that are in the car, but I finished putting away the clothes that were in the house! Kate has so many cute clothes to wear, as usual. :-)

After Matt got home, I took Kate and we stopped at the bank and then we went to Walmart, so I could fill a prescription. The lady said it would be 30 minutes, so Kate and I browsed around the store and killed a half hour. We went back to the pharmacy and were told that it would be another 20 minutes. Not what I wanted to hear, but we browsed for 20 more minutes and then we finally left the store. Kate was really good, especially when we went down the toy aisle (which I avoided as long as I could) and kept telling her that we were only looking and I wasn't buying anything.

It was a little after 4pm when I got home, so I went right to work making dinner. The kids watched "Mulan 2" again and Noah fell asleep while Matt was in charge of keeping him out of the kitchen.

We ate a late dinner, got the kids in bed, I did some things to get ready for my temple trip, and then Matt and I watched "Colonial House".

I collected 5 rocks today for my Sunday School lesson, but 2 are now missing.

Saturday, September 19th: Getting up early this past week, made it a bit easier to get up at 5am this morning to get ready to go to the temple. Kate woke up right after I did, so I gave her some chocolate milk and put in a Diego movie for her. Zach woke up a little while later, so I gave him some chocolate milk and he sat down to watch the movie. Before I left at 6:15am, Zach and Kate were fighting, so Matt got up. Kate cried when I left, which made it hard to leave, but I did and Matt said she stopped crying right after I left. Little stinker. I met Patti and Martha at Hannaford and then we headed to the temple. It was a fun and uplifting day. I did some duplicate work, which was a bummer, but it still was a good day at the temple.
Homeschooling was on my mind today.
I enjoyed the brownie sundae I had at Dairy Queen. So yummy!

Eleanor had her first soccer practice today. Matt told me about her meltdown before they left because she didn't have a good soccer outfit to wear to practice. Matt picked out an outfit and told her she had 5 minutes to change or she wasn't going to practice. She changed during the last few remaining seconds left and was happy and said she was going to wear that outfit to every soccer practice. I'm glad she made it to practice.

Zoe and Emily lost their soccer game again, but they played well. Matt will pay $1 for each goal they score, but so far he hasn't had to dish out any money...and it has been that way for the past 2 years.

Sunday, September 20th: Matt, Emily, Eleanor, and Zach went to Waterville with my mom for their unit conference. Emily came home with 5 strikes and Matt looked tired.

I didn't make it through much of Sacrament meeting before going into the foyer with Noah, Kate, and Zoe. The younger ones were a bit wild, but I didn't have much energy to get them to be reverent, so I ignored them.

We talked about debt during part of Sunday School. I was so impressed with Brother Beveridge saying that he and his wife have never used a credit card and have always lived within their means. What great examples! I was telling Zoe about them after church during some one on one time we had before Matt got home and Noah and Kate were asleep and she was just as impressed with them. She pointed to our list of debts on our fridge and said, "You mean they don't have any of that?!" We both agreed that would be very nice and we both want to be like them. Zoe also said though that she would marry a man who used credit cards if she loved him...which was after I explained that she needed to find a husband who didn't want to be in debt as well.

We spent the afternoon and evening at home. We worked on Faith in God, had Family Council, and the kids played in their room.

Noah is trying to say cracker.

It is early to bed, just like last Sunday...8:30pm!

Today This morning, Zach and Kate helped me make chocolate chip cookies for FHE. It has been a long time since we have baked together. We read a story about Cookie Monster after we made the cookies, which was fun to go along with our cookie theme.

No comments: