Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blah

That's how I feel. Blah. I'm on a new birth control pill that is making my body think it is pregnant, which is making me feel blah. I don't want to feel pregnant when I'm not pregnant. Am I going to feel this way for as long as I take these pills or am I going to feel blah for 3 months or so and then feel good again? That is the question. I don't feel sick to my stomach, but I feel depressed and food doesn't sound good when I'm not eating. I just feel blah.

Now add the fact that I'm reading "New Moon" and it is depressing and you get the picture of the mood I am in!

Monday, September 21st: During our FHE lesson, Kate and Noah decided to decorate Noah with BoxTop tabs that were taped onto a piece of paper. They were being quiet at least.


Matt and I finished the final 2 episodes of "Colonial House". It was fun to watch, but we both agreed that we would have had a hard time getting along with several of the couples that were in the colony.

Zoe and Emily were looking out for each other this afternoon and evening. Zoe had a rough afternoon and she "lost her temper" (this was Emily's compassionate description of Zoe's behavior) and made several messes in the living room and kitchen, so I told Zoe that she would be cleaning up the living room and the kitchen. Emily started to clean up a mess in the kitchen for Zoe and I let her. Soon after, Zoe started to help clean up and her mood changed for the better. Then Zoe and Emily worked on another mess in the living room together. Later on after dinner and after the kids were ready for bed, I told Emily and Eleanor that they each needed to get a wipe to clean the kitchen floor. Zoe was getting ready to wash the dishes, which was a consequence for her earlier behavior and she launched into a defensive response that Emily didn't do anything to earn a chore, which was sweet that she was standing up for Emily. I explained that the chore was not a consequence, but rather just a chore to help get the house cleaned up.

Tuesday, September 22nd: Zach, Kate, Noah, and I went to playgroup. We were there with Andrea and Terri and their kids. Zach loved playing with the Geo-Trak train set that Andrea brought.

Kate was cracking me up this afternoon by crossing her eyes.

There is a boy in Eleanor's class named Carter and Eleanor thinks he is cute. I asked her if Carter has tried to hold her hand since she was talking about sitting by him during library time, but she said no that they only play together. I told Matt about Carter in the evening, so Matt started asking Eleanor questions and then told her that she shouldn't talk to boys to which Eleanor replied, "I can too, I talk to you!"

I started to make pizza for dinner and Zoe wanted to help roll out the dough, but we couldn't find the roller. I then realized that I had left it at my parents' house when I made pizza there awhile ago. So we loaded up in the car and went to get the roller. If you don't have a Pampered Chef Baker's Roller, you need one! Put it on your Christmas list. We ended up having a later dinner, but I couldn't make pizza without my roller!

Have I mentioned the fact that Kate always wants to go pee on her potty when I am eating? She doesn't mention it often, but when she does, it is ALWAYS when I am eating.

Today:

Noah took a piece a paper off from a rock that I used for Sunday school and stuck it on his head. He is advertising IDLENESS.

Zach wanted me to take a picture of him, too, so he is advertising DEBT.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

That doesn't sound like fun at all - there has to be a better pill to take!

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

I'm so sorry! The pill has never worked for me. I was always even crazier than usual while on it. I use other stuff instead.

HeatherT said...

I just started the pill this month too. I'm not feeling too bad though. Maybe you will need something else.

I have plenty of kids who can advertise idleness well when I ask them to help clean up.