Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Week

Lice. The word makes your head itch the minute you hear it. I am all in favor of destroying all lice from off the face of the earth. Starting with the ones in Eleanor's hair. Last Saturday, Matt did a random lice check on Eleanor and found lice. I was not happy when I got home from the temple that night to find out we are dealing with lice again. We all stayed home from Stake Conference on Sunday. From what I hear, we missed a really good meeting. The kids only had 3 days of school this past week, so I was able to keep Eleanor home all week with her only missing 3 days of school. I talked with her teacher on Friday and she sent home some work for Eleanor to do this weekend. Matt will be staying home from church tomorrow with anyone who does not pass the lice test today. Zach has already failed and I suspect Kate will fail since we found some lice on her the other day. So much for not spreading the lice! I am trying really hard to stay positive and to just do what I need to do to get rid of this lice. It is so constant and tiring, though! I am grateful that Matt does all of the lice treatments. That is such a huge help! So, lice pretty much sums up my week, but I will tell you about some fun things that have been going on as well.

I have been busy organizing with my new organizers. I think that is fun. :-)

My Mom treated me to dinner at the Ground Round Tuesday night and then we watched "Letters to Juliet" at her house.

I went to the temple again on Thursday with my parents and my grandmother to watch my grandmother be sealed to my deceased grandfather and then my Dad was sealed to my grandparents. What a special day! We had several people from our branch go to the temple that day to have special work done.

I will end here with a few pictures of Eleanor's glitter glue artwork. Very cute and creative!

3 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Ewe, I'm sorry.

Try rinsing their hair with apple cider vinegar every day for their bath in between treatments. They will smell weird but it helps to kill them.

And the combs don't work for eggs, only the bugs. You're going to have to pick the eggs out by hand. No fun, but better then the alternative.

Mal said...

Ugh...I was the lice-catcher in my family, until I dutifully passed it off to Kaitlyn. Of course, we got lice for different reasons: I got lice mainly from playing with Sam and Jake's friends when they came over. Kait gets it from sharing combs, hats, pillows, whatever, after Mum and Dad lecture her (CONSTANTLY) about not doing that.

Just wanted to clear my name. I was the obedient one. Let's not forget that.

Kris said...

Oh man!! I am so sorry you have to deal with that again, that is such a bummer!! I'm glad a few good things happened too, the temple trips especially!