Monday, November 22, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

It is pie making day. I have made 3 pumpkin pies, 3 chocolate pies, I have 1 more chocolate pie to make, and I made brownies for Zoe who does not like pie. We just don't get that! I am making these pies at my parents' home since our oven is still out of commission after the Spring lightning storm.

I had a super busy, but good weekend. I went to a meeting in Topsham Friday night with a group of ladies from our branch. Sister Allred from the General Relief Society Presidency, Sister Dalton from the General Young Women Presidency, and Sister Wixom from the Primary General Presidency spoke to us and had a training session after. It was so uplifting and awesome! Mere and I were a bit late arriving, so we missed Sister Wixom's talk, which was a bummer, but we were there for everything else.

Saturday morning, after getting to bed around midnight, I got up and headed to Waterville for Scout training. I am officially trained now to be a den leader, to be on the scout committee, and I have my youth protection training done. I will now be getting more involved in our cub scouting program at church. I will be a cub scout pro when Zach becomes a cub scout!

I have been gone a lot lately and this was the last weekend that I have something going on until January. It will be nice to be home on the weekends! We did watch a movie together as a family Friday night and Saturday night. We watched "How to Train Your Dragon" and "The Other Side of Heaven".

We had our Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation yesterday and the children did such a great job! We received many comments about how wonderful the program was. This was Zoe's last Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation. She was able to play her flute during one of the songs with her friend, Morgan who played the clarinet. Liza played the piano along with them. So beautiful!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Dude! that is a lot of pie. I'm glad you have a lot of weekends at home to look forward to, I'm sure your family is too! I wish I could have heard your primary program, it sounds really nice.

Cindy said...

Myshel and I were at that meeting Joey! It was amazing wasn't it!! I wondered if you'd be there.