Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hooked

Thursday, August 6th: Matt and I watched "Seven Pounds". It took me half the movie to figure out what was going on, but it was good. I want to see the movie again since now I know what is going on.

Friday, August 7th: Eleanor and Zach had swim lessons and then we headed to Blue Hill. Zoe spent the night with Morgan the evening before and then Morgan's Mom dropped them off at Dodie's house for Activity Days this morning. Emily missed most of the activity since she was still feeling pretty miserable from her sore ear. When we got to Dodie's house, they were busy making blueberry muffins and blueberry bread from the blueberries they picked that morning, and they also made fresh squeezed orange juice. Zoe said I better like the juice since she worked hard making it. We both thought it was okay. I enjoyed the fresh blueberries on my plate until I discovered an inch worm on one of them. I was thankful I saw it because how gross would that be to eat it!
We came over to my parents' house after the activity. Zach was drawing pictures when he asked me to draw him a circle. I made the circle, which turned out to be more of an oval and Zach said, "I think you made a mistake." I made another circle, which he approved of. Noah fell down the stairs a couple of times today. He didn't fall though the second time, Kate pushed him. I suspected she did when I saw her at the top of the stairs and Noah was crying at the bottom of the stairs, and I knew she did when later she proudly announced, "I pushed Noah down the stairs!" Noah was unhappy, but fine.
My dad and I made pizza for dinner and then my parents, Phil, Aly, Zoe, Emily, and I played a shortened game of Phase 10. We all advanced to the next phase throughout the game and the winner would be the one with the lowest points. The funny moment of the evening was when Noah came into the kitchen holding his wet diaper in his hand. At first I thought it was Kate's diaper because the tabs keep breaking on her diapers, but her diaper was still on when I checked her, so then I checked Noah and felt his bare bottom under his overalls. It's funny to think that his diaper came off with his overall shorts still on. I bought a package of LUVS diapers and I will never buy that brand again. I don't know if I got a bad batch of diapers or what, but the tabs keep breaking. Not good! The game didn't go as quick as expected. We made it through 7 phases (there are 10 in all) and then it was time to pack up the little ones and head home. Zoe and Emily stayed the night with my parents.
Matt and Don went to the boat show in Rockland and will be back tomorrow night.

Saturday, August 8th: I spent the morning doing laundry and working on my Sunday School lesson. Fort Knox had a pirate day, so my parents, Zoe, Emily, Aly, and Phil went there. A pirate ship was supposed to come in Saturday morning, but when they went to see it come in Saturday morning, it was already here. It mistakenly came in Friday night. The ship was there to see and the pirates were around harrassing the crowd. :-) In the afternoon, I took Zoe and Emily to Brad and Tanja's wedding celebration (they're getting married on the 15th in the Logan temple) while my parents watched the rest of the kids. Eleanor was going to go with me until she realized that she could stay with my parents. I had fun talking with the Boudreaus, Mere Donavan, the Daltons, the Bairds, the Brehms, Julia, and Sunshine. Zoe was expecting Morgan's family to be there, but they didn't make it (while we were there at least), so they were a bit bored.
Matt was home when we all got home around 8pm. :-) He gave the kids their baths and we sent them to bed around 9pm. I finished preparing my lesson.

Sunday, August 9th: Zoe threw up on the bedroom floor around 1am. I'm glad she was sleeping by the door because the thought of her throwing up on one of her siblings is disgusting. I cleaned up her mess and went back to bed. I was wide awake and listened to Matt sleep beside me. I finally fell asleep an hour or so later. In the morning, Matt left for Machias and I started getting ready for church, although I had a feeling we would be staying home. Sure enough, Zoe was still feeling sick when she woke up, so we stayed home. Patti taught my lesson. I am grateful for people who will teach on short notice. My mom was supposed to give a talk during Sacrament meeting, so she sat on the stand, but when the speakers were announced, her name wasn't one of them. What? That would not have sat well with me. When she told me this, I felt bad because she had worked on her talk while watching my kids the day before. I know it was a rough afternoon for her and then to go through the morning thinking she was going to give a talk and then sit on the stand and be totally forgotten and ignored...not good! But being the wonderful, forgiving person that she is, she forgave the mistake and has agreed to talk on the 30th. She is a great example.
We were planning on going over to my parents' house after church for dinner, so my mom brought over one of two pot roasts and some brownies. Yummy! We were grateful for the dinner. She also brought home my diaper bag, which I had left at church the Sunday before. Yay, I have my camera back!
I had the kids act out our scriptures this evening. I have been thinking about doing it for awhile and I finally acted on the thought. The kids are a bit wild during scripture study, so I am trying to make it a bit more interesting. Zach loved being Nephi. Zoe was in a mood, so it was a bit of an ordeal picking her part. They acted out the story of the murder of the chief judge in the Book of Mormon. They were still a bit wild, but at least they were paying attention to the story.

I have house fever. I am determined to get a house frame up in the near future.

Matt came back from his weekend getaway motivated to work and be productive.

Emily is feeling much better. Only a few more days of medicine.

Remember when I was losing weight? Well, I was half a pound away from my goal weight when I started to lose interest in losing weight. I am motivated again, although I am not weighing myself, I am going on how I feel and look, and I am counting points when I am eating alone or just with the kids and eating less when I have meals with the family and others. So far, so good.

Monday, August 10th: The kids and I went to Walmart to pick up Noah's pictures. We did some shopping and headed home. On the way home, I heard Emily say this as the girls were playing Barbies in the car..."I wish the prophet was the President (of the United States)...then he would do good things for everyone...because he would do what the Lord wants him to do." I loved it! She gets it.

We went to Craig Pond for about an hour in the afternoon. We went home for dinner and FHE.

I had 3 goals for the evening. Work on my Sunday School lesson, watch "Grace is gone", and start reading "Twilight". I did all 3. We have Netflix again for the month. Our account has been on hold, but the reactivation date came without realizing it on August 6th and so we have Netflix for the month. Matt brought home "Twilight" last Saturday, but I hadn't started it yet because I was finishing Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" and I am always busy preparing lessons. I read my chapter and knew that I was beginning a great book.

Eleanor finally lost her 1st tooth this evening! She has been waiting so long!


Tuesday, August 12th: I spent the morning doing laundry and puttering around. The kids played and watched a movie. After lunch and more clean up, we headed to the children's museum. We stayed for about an hour and a half. Zoe and Emily made perfume and when Eleanor saw their perfume bottles then she wanted to make one, too, so I had Zoe take Eleanor into the room to make one. Zoe and Emily also made paper while the other kids played with the boats. The museum is always a fun place to be! We left the museum and stopped at my parents' house to see if Aly wanted to go to the park with us. She did, so we went. Terri and Molly were there (Don's wife and daughter), so I got to talk with Terri for awhile. It rained on us a little, but it was still fun. We went back to my parents' house to eat dinner and then I brought Zoe, Aly, Phil, Zach, and Kate to the evening swim, while Emily, Eleanor, and Noah stayed with my mom.

Matt worked late. I read more of "Twilight" after the kids went to bed. I figured I would read until Matt got home. Matt came home around midnight and he read a little, so I kept reading. The book is so good! He was ready for sleep, but I was still wide awake and turning the pages. I finally finished a chapter and made myself put the book down at 1:07am.

Matt got paid today. :-)

Today: I have been resisting the urge to stick my nose in my book and ignore my kids. We went to storytime and I reserved "New Moon", the next book in the Twilight series. I am so happy I am reading this series when all the books are written...they ARE all written, right? We went home to eat lunch, and I went through some clothes with Zoe that we had received awhile ago. We went swimming at the pool...Emily's first day swimming since going to see the doctor. :-) She did try swimming without getting her head wet at the lake on Monday, but I saw her dip her ear in the water, so I made her get out. After swimming, we went home to clean up and we ate dinner when Matt got home. After dinner, Emily and I left for a one on one date, which we are still on. We each got an ice cream at the DairyPort and we walked the entire length of the waterfront. I told Matt that we were going to sit on a bench along the waterfront and read, ha ha, which Emily was fine with, but I was really only kidding...sort of. Here is Emily with her ice cream and Don's boat in the background.

This is the new fountain and waterwheel that are near the walkway.

We saw Marilyn Conary with her 2 granddaughters along our walk. We also saw this beautiful sunset as we were walking back. As Emily said, it looks like the heavens are opening up.

I thought this was a nice spot for a picture. It is so nice to have my camera back!


I debated whether to come blog or not and I decided I better do it since it is on my mind and I haven't written in awhile. Emily is enjoying the tv with Aly. It is way past her bedtime!

Matt paid off the Yukon today!

Matt bought our house plans today!...We have no set date to start building, but it's nice to take a step closer to building. :-)

Matt's parents are coming to visit us in September! We are so excited!

I am off to read.

8 comments:

Kristy said...

House plans.....how exciting!!!!! Good luck!

MJ said...

Yes, all the books are written. New Moon was not my favorite, but the series is pretty good overall. Sucks you in, that's for sure! :)

Awesome about the house plans, and please tell everyone hello for me! I miss you all!!

HeatherT said...

Yay for house plans!!

And your pictures of the waterfront make me miss Maine.

Kris said...

Wow, that is a lot. That is random that Zoe threw up once. (I'm glad it was random)

Savannah has started reading your blog, she loves it. She is so excited about your house plans. She wanted me to call the people who built our house and ask them how long it takes to build a house.

I bet Emily loved her one on one time, and I would love to go for a walk along the waterfront...so pretty.

I'm glad you are enjoying Twilight, something about those books really makes them hard to put down once you start. For some reason I haven't read the 4th one... that reminds me. that would be fun.

How exciting to pay off the car!! wow.

good idea on the scripture plan, you are so good.

OH, and ps, I think you just got a bad batch of Luvs, that is all I bought with both my boys and I never had a problem - I thought they were great and a lot cheaper than the others. Then again, maybe their quality has gone downhill...it's been a couple of years....

There is a long comment for a long post! :)

Katie said...

Yeah for house plans! Very exciting. And paying off you car. We are getting close on one of ours and Im very excited. Those books are all addicting, though the last one was pretty lame(sorry twighlights fans) in my opinion.
Oh, I really like Luvs..maybe a defective batch?

Dawn said...

Wow - saved the best till last! Car paid off and house plans in hand. You must be so excited!!

I haven't even thought of reading that series - it's really good?? I can't imagine enjoying books about vampires. And there's so much trash in the supermarket rags about the movie(s).

I have heard that about Seven before. I'm glad you figured it out.

Doug said...

What a post! Lots of nice nuggets of happy news sprinkled through it. Let us plan a big house-raising party!

Dawn said...

Kev is wondering what town you live near - you can e-mail me with it if you wish. How close are you to Augusta/Winthrop?