Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend Update

The kids stayed at my parents' house Friday night, which was very nice. Matt and I got caught up on "The Office" and we watched an episode of "Life" which is another show we are hooked on.

We had Stake Conference this weekend. Matt went to his Priesthood meeting from 3-5pm on Saturday. The kids and I went to the Stake center at 4:30pm so I could help prepare for the meal our Branch was in charge of in between Priesthood meetings and the adult meeting. The kids played in the nursery until Matt was done his meeting and then he left with the kids while Kate and I stayed to help with the meal and to listen to the adult meeting. The theme this weekend was unity and the talks Saturday night were very good. We left Saturday night in very cold, windy, rainy weather. We woke up Sunday morning with no power, so Matt got the generator going (after a trip to the store) and we warmed up and got ready for the day. But conference had already started by the time we were ready, so we stayed home. Our power came back on around noon time. We went over to my parents for a late lunch/early dinner and talked about the new changes in the stake. There is a new counselor in the Stake Presidency because President Hatch is now the Patriarch. One of Matt's counselor's was called into the Stake so now Matt is trying to figure out who his new counselor is going to be. There just aren't a lot of Priesthood brothers to choose from in our branch!

Zach likes to wear his church clothes all the time now. He shows me what he wants to wear in the morning. All of my kids decide around the age of 2 that they are going to be in charge of what they wear. I think this is happening because I was pretty picky as a child/teenager about what I would wear for clothes. It's sad when really cute clothes sit in the closet unworn because my kids insist on wearing the same 2 or 3 outfits over and over again. *sigh* At least Zach has good taste and looks really cute in his church clothes.

1 comment:

Kris said...

It sounds like a nice weekend! well, except for the power outage, maybe. Good luck to Matt, that is a big decision.